9.07.2008

Silv25r

I started today with the littlest of expectations. I am (STILL!) after all celebrating the silver anniversary of that F’ful day when dear Carolina popped out daughter # 11. The day happen to fall on a Sunday so it is just a fitting day for the theme of the year. Going low key. Celebrating with family. A day for prayer and best of all… no work. Ha-ha!

Over the surprises, the drunk-ass nights, or the usual dance marathons that I have been used to celebrating this day with, I had different plans on mind. Well more like, I only planned on doing one thing for today. And that is to celebrate today because I am turning two five.

You ever wake up on your birthday and you just feel everyone’s eye on you? Or you feel that different-ish aura like your semi-floating and excited and just light. That youre just floating around… I feel that every year on my birthday. In fact, I remember there were birthdays when I dint like that feeling that much. I used to hate it when everyone sings happy birthday to you in class. I make a big deal out of my OWN birthday, but when other people make a big deal of it… I feel a bit uneasy to be honest.

This year, I am no longer the brat. Im no longer playing it’s-my-birthday-and-I’ll-cry-if-I-want-to. I’m no longer pushing everyone out of the house just so I can have my friends to mess up the house. I’m no longer batting out birthday gift requests to my brothers and sisters. 25 means a clean slate. I remember I was in 3rd grade when my parents celebrated their silver anniversary wedding. And now, I am celebrating my own silver anniversary with just myself. Because this is me, myself, and I’s anniversary.

Clean slate doesnt mean I forget about everyone who’s been with me through all my 24 F’in years that I survived me. But just for this one day, I am just celebrating with myself because I FEEL like it.

*** But for everyone who poured me with drama-ish greetings and by just merely REMEMBERING that September 7 is justine day… YOU ROCK! And you made me feel very very loved. :)

Photobucket

Photo aka: the gang chowing on last minute bupet! Kudos also to my ever reliable sister -in-LOW for taking the pic!

No comments: