6.21.2007

I heart NY 04/06 - 06/07

The year went by fast...

This has been the theme of my day, suddenly everything just seems to be ending. I have been living at the big apple for quite a while now. I made it for a year! Well atleast a full school year minus my Christmas break... but then again I consider this an achievement. Who wouldve thought I would survive... this long? Well come to think of it I do know why, it was because of the children.

Our classes formally ended today, atleast my days with the children. It was a bittersweet goodbye as we all celebrated together with the parents, my Rainbow Room Community. It was very very comforting to be exchanging nice, nice words of the year that was. It was an opportunity for me to be able to work with such lovely children and the best of parents and families! It broke my heart that they all had to go. I know I will be crying tomorrow when I return the classroom (to clean up) minus the children. It will be very very sad and lonely. It was very comforting to get my last hugs and kisses from my kids. I miss them all already! And this is just my first year... how many more of this should I go through?

I have always, always hated goodbyes. Who loves them anyway right? For someone who seems to be living a nomadic life lately, I should have been used to this already. Not! The last-minute packing... I'm an expert already! The shopping rush for going away gifts or pasalubongs... I've mastered it! The check-in and airport procedures... gotten used to it! But the leaving, I just don't think I could live with that.

Will Smith's voice from Pursuit of Happiness has been following me all day now... This part of my life is called living, leaving...

Someone once sung, goodbyes are not forever... for sure! NYC Shopping, need I say more?

photo aka: My very photogenic snapshot of one of NY's icon while onboard the Hudson River cruise. I'll see you liberty!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: