5.28.2007

1 of many reasons why I went home

Kuya Carling got married!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
... and as expected... he cried!

Every family gets together for special functions... and this year, I used this excuse to go home and get off from work. Let's put it this way, it was one of the reasons that calmed me while I was living life away from home. That I HAD TO go home for kuya's wedding!

Everyone knows kuya carlo is my toughest bro if not D TOUGHEST. He's as strict as my dad and looks exactly just like him! He's the only kuya that I am scared of cos a) i think he deliberately wants it that way and b) he's the kuya of all my kuya's... in short it's not just me it's the rest of us in the family! But don't get this wrong, I don't mean being scared of him in a negative way. It's more like respect. I know he's always wanted the best for me and usually he's just protective... maybe sometimes a bit overprotective. But that's just life... that's why he was born before me and I, several years after him. Thus he's the kuya and I am the youngest sister or yeah! the only younger sister!

Kuya Carlo is also the kuya of the family because he stepped up or maybe lived up to the role as soon as dad passed away. It's not a duty that was assigned to him but it was a duty he embraced. As an older bro kuya is strict no doubt. But! he is also a sweet bro. For someone who oftem claims to have the tough guy facade, kuya can also be the emotional one. On a recent beach trip, he texted me - "Wag ka muna papakasal". And this is when I'm on an island with just my gal pals and at some random time on the first week of his married life! Yep, that's kuya. Sometimes I wonder if at times dad sends him some signs to check up on me!

I think kuya met his match with Rette. She's that right balance to his "cool" and tough facades! I know he makes him happy which makes everybody happy! Well she makes me happy because she always backs me up! hahaha.

So this is to my kuya... who totally boohooed on his wedding day... and who on his wedding day, did not need to call superman but actually pulled off a super wedding vow!

We love you kuya!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

photo aka: yes, this is just the groom's IMMEDIATE (semi-complete) family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18zSGNe1Pao <------to see carling crying in action!

No comments: