5.24.2007

Still Wishing at 23.


When I was 1... I was too young too remember but I probably wished for more milk. breast milk!

When I was 7... I knew it was an age that you're supposed to make a fuss of. And maybe I was wishing for a birthday party!

When I was 9... I started having friends at school. And I know I was wishing for someone to attend my party. or atleast my best friend makes it.

When I was 12... I belonged in a circle and had my own set of friends, the first solid barkada. And I was wishing that I'd be able to go out with them for a treat.

When I was 16... Here comes HS and the circle of friends got HUGE. it's the ERA when we started throwing surprises. And I was wishing that my friends think I'm special enough to deserve a surprise too!

When I was 18... I knew there was pressure to make it my "coming out" age. And I was secretely hoping I could celebrate it low-key aka pamper myself aka travel and shopping!

When I was 19... It was when it started to dawn on me that I needed to celebrate my 18th bday. And then I was wishing and hoping if maybe I could still throw a party for my "coming of age"!

When I was 20... I knew it was official. I was no longer a teenager. And I was wishing I dint have to grow old and felt like not celebrating at all!

When I was 21... This then felt more like my 18! And I was wishing that I celebrate it like a frat boy, drunk and wasted!

When I was 22... I admitted to myself I am old and made peace with that. And I was wishing I could just have a good bonding time with friends.

When I turned 23... Away from home for the first time I did feel old and that my birthday felt less special. And more than anything I was wishing that I was home.

Now I am still 23... it's no longer my birthday and here I am wishing again. I am old and suddenly LIFE is happening.

But we're never too old to make wishes. And this year I did not get a birthday cake with my birthday wish but recently I did get a W.I.S.H. candle. And here's for friendship and wishes... let our candle vigils start.


photo aka: magical wish candle or maybe genie in the bottle?

1 comment:

Mabel Garcia said...

every flick of that candle means am prayin' with you :)